The Majors New Years Betting Resolutions are as follows:
1. Bet with small stakes in the following…….. nurseries, novice hurdles and novice chases – Inexperience scuppers the most carefully laid out plans!
2. Don’t persist with football trends for too long, stop backing the value team when they hit their bad patch and stop backing first goalscorers when the odds tighten and the enemy realises the error. Be quicker to change your mind and stop pouring good money after bad.
3. Sign up for every online betting acount. One of the Majors advantages is being able to take the best prices available. This means lots of accounts and not accepting 11/8 when 13/8 is available. The profit is in the margins.
4. Discipline, discipline, discipline. 2011 is a year in which the Major is determined to make a profit. This means not following up the carefully calculated placed horse at 6/1 that returned a modest result with a lumpy bet on an odds on favourite to boost the funds. Remain disciplined – Never chase a loss.
5. Treat victory like defeat. One of the great gambling lessons is that defeat teaches you everything but you learn nothing from a win. Every bet this year, the Major resolves to analyse the result as if it were a loss. when you win fortunately you never question the logic, every loss you consider more carefully.
6. Stand by your opinion – Being in a accuarte minority is a good place to be as a gambling gentlemen.
7. Only use useful trends. Far too often you can be drawn into meaningless statistics that seem to offer a terrific bet. Football bogey teams are a classic example – So what if Blackburn have not won at Wigan for 15 years – What could that possibly mean to Wigan v Blackburn today. However, horses with no course form at Bath, Chester or Southwell, get an immediate line through them – Of every trend first ask is it a false stat or a genuine influence.
8. Research, research, research – The key to ourperforming the betting market is research. On the football fields, who is playing, who is injured, who will take the penalties – On track, think course form, race trends, age, jockey, jockey trainer strikerate, going, breeding, distance, trainer % first time out and a lot more! Do not skimp on the time spent reading.
9. Don’t back poor football teams to be nil nil at half time – They are a big price because they concede! Instead look for organised mid table outfits to hold top of the table teams until half time.
10. Relentlessly Positive – The Majors main resolution is to remain utterly positive in the face of a bad run.
Good luck to all of you!